This is part of a series of posts on the doctrine of Authority. Click here to see the entire series.
Once again, because of the delusional presuppositions of the heretical eschatology of Dispensationalism, the Evangelical is rendered incapable of recognizing the source of satanic power in the world today. Revelation 13: 1-12 is the description of the power and authority of Satan in today’s world. Satan has been bound. He is being plundered. He has been cast into the abyss. However, in the present age, he too has delegated his authority to another.
Revelation 12 describes the epic battle between the Church and the Dragon. Everybody agrees that the Dragon is Satan. Satan has been thrown down from heaven (12:9) and he seeks to persecute the Church of the Lord Jesus (12:13). However, his authority has been stripped from him and he has been cast into the abyss. What does he do? Chapter 13 describes the appearance of the “beast”. Everybody agrees that the “beast” is some form of the State. I am not going to get into an eschatological debate. As an amillennialist I believe that the “beast” is the State throughout the Church age. What is important to notice is the exchange between the Dragon and the Beast. 13:2 says this in reference to the beast, “And the dragon gave him his power and his throne and great authority.” Verse 13:7 goes on to say, “And it was given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them; and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him.”
It could not be any more clear that the power and authority of Satan has been delegated to the modern State, in all of it’s godless permutations. The battle in the post-apostolic period is the battle between the Church and the State. The State attacks the Church by writing documents to govern itself that obviate the Word of God at every point of contact. The State attacks the Church outwardly in many countries in the world today. The State, in cooperation with the False Prophet (a false religion that aligns itself with the State), work together in order to persecute the truth and true believers in the Living God.
What an amazingly bitter ironic twist exists in Evangelicalism today. Due to a total ignorance of genuine biblical eschatology, the evangelical Church has aligned herself with the State in an egregious unholy alliance (See “Assimilation”). As a result of that alliance, the evangelical Church is actually persecuting the true Church in this land. Meanwhile, charismatic Evangelicals run willy-nilly around their homes and churches casting pseudo-demons out of everything and everybody they encounter. This situation would be funny if it was not so sad.
Follow the authority. Satan assumed authority over the earth when Adam fell. Jesus took back authority over the earth with His death and resurrection. Satan, as he was being bound, transferred his authority to the State. Jesus gave all authority to the Church to call the elect from all nations. Now the two authorities in the Church and the State are fighting it out. The battle is a spiritual one. Jesus told us that we would be persecuted by the Beast and the False Prophet. That is happening and should not surprise us. What is surprising is how many professing believers have decided to align with the Beast and the False Prophet. Nevertheless, final authority rests in God and God alone. When Jesus returns he will cast the Dragon, the Beast and the False Prophet into the Lake of Fire and that will be the end of them. If you are an Evangelical, open your eyes to these truths before it is too late.
View all posts in this series
- Authority: Introduction - 08/11/2013
- Authority: Service or Contractual Authority - 08/14/2013
- Authority: Representative or Covenantal Authority - 08/18/2013
- Authority: Submission in the Family - 08/21/2013
- Authority: Submission in the Church - 08/25/2013
- Authority: Submission in the State - 08/28/2013
- Authority: Only Three Covenantal Authorities - 09/01/2013
- Authority: The State as a Covenantal Institution - 09/04/2013
- Authority: Original Authority in the Covenantal Institutions - 09/08/2013
- Authority: The Declaration of Independence - 09/11/2013
- Authority: The Oath or Vow in Covenantal Institutions - 09/15/2013
- Authority: Monopoly Powers of Covenantal Institutions - 09/18/2013
- Authority: The Role of Women - 09/22/2013
- Authority: The Deaconess - 09/25/2013
- Authority: Women in the State and Business - 09/29/2013
- Authority: Problems for Men Holding Office in the State Part 1 - 10/02/2013
- Authority: Problems for Men Holding Office in the State Part 2 - 10/06/2013
- Authority: Problems in the Bill of Rights and Constitutional Amendments - 10/09/2013
- Authority: Problems with Current Interpretations of the Constitution - 10/13/2013
- Authority: The Example of Slavery - 10/16/2013
- Authority: Democracy - 10/20/2013
- Authority: Voting - 10/23/2013
- Authority: What is a Christian to do? - 10/27/2013
- Authority: Patriotism - 10/30/2013
- Authority: Church Government - 11/03/2013
- Authority: Authority and Miracles - 11/06/2013
- Authority: The Authority of Satan - 11/10/2013
- Authority: A History of Satan - 11/13/2013
- Authority: Satan’s Power Today - 11/17/2013
- Authority: Conclusion - 11/20/2013